Ellis Benchmark Program
Thanks to your ongoing support over the years, Ellis recently celebrated its 32nd year as a customer feedback company, providing mystery shops, resident surveys and online feedback tools to the multifamily industry. In a data driven world, companies are continually utilizing various metrics and benchmarking to understand their overall performance. As such, Ellis launched the shopping report performance comparison, the “Ellis Benchmark” in 2000, by selecting 10 key questions in the objective sales presentation allow for consistent performance comparison.
In 2015 we introduced the “Ellis Customer Loyalty Benchmark” for our resident survey program. Throughout our history, Ellis’ customer feedback tools have continued to evolve to support and measure leasing performance and customer experience throughout the customer’s journey with you.
Beginning in 2016, the Ellis Benchmark program encompasses benchmarking across Ellis’ entire database of mystery shopping and resident survey customers. Benchmarks for the mystery shop and resident survey programs will remain separate, but will be published in a combined quarterly letter, recognizing top performers in both programs.
Ellis’ Traditional and Customer Experience Benchmark (Mystery Shops):
- Traditional – 10 objective industry benchmark questions
- Customer Experience – 10 subjective benchmark questions based on 5- star rating
- 30 or more completed, eligible shops in the calendar quarter (all shops, including video, that contain the 10 key questions will be considered eligible)
Ranking and Placement Guidelines
- Tier 1: 70 or more shops per calendar quarter
- Tier 2: 30 to 69 shops per calendar quarter
- Platinum winners for each Tier will be the only companies identified in the benchmark letter. At least one of the benchmarks outlined below must be met to qualify as “Platinum”.
- Traditional Benchmark Score for Platinum: 97% to 100%
- Customer Experience Benchmark Score for Platinum: 4.6 to 5.0
Ellis’ Customer Loyalty Benchmark (Resident Surveys):
- Overall customer loyalty score for 5 key touch points (lead conversion, move in, maintenance, pre-renewal and move out)
- Resident Survey Answered by Onsite Team
- Resident Survey Response Time by Onsite Team
- All companies conducting resident surveys for the full calendar quarter
- Tier 1: 1,600 or more units on the survey program
- Tier 2: 1,599 or fewer units on the survey program
- Best in Class Companies for each tier will be the only companies identified in the benchmark letter. All of the objectives outlined below must be met to qualify as “Best in Class”.
- Overall Customer Loyalty Score: 30% or more (all touch points combined)
- Resident Survey Answered by Onsite Team: 50% or more (all touch points combined)
- Resident Survey Response Time by Onsite Team: 10 days or less
Additional Notes for Ellis Benchmark Programs
- Tier divisions are calculated based on median scores for mystery shops and resident surveys conducted by Ellis throughout the prior calendar year and are subject to change at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Results for the Ellis’ Benchmark program will be published on the 30th of the month following the close of each calendar quarter.
For more information on Apartment Mystery Shopping Services and the Ellis Benchmark Program, contact us.